Get Closer Contest Terms and Conditions
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY
Sonos Presents “Get Closer to Tegan & Sara”
2012 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. (VOID IN PUERTO RICO) AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sonos Presents “Get A Little Closer to Tegan & Sara Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on September 25, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 27, 2012 (“Start Date” and “End Date,” respectively). The period between the Start Date and End Date is sometimes referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico, who, as of the Start Date, had online access, and were 13 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sonos, Inc. (“Prize Provider”) and Warner Bros. Records Inc. (“Sponsor”) and the respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.
- SPECIAL CONDITION FOR ENTRANTS AGED 13 THROUGH 17: You must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to enter this Sweepstakes. Additionally, if you are selected as a potential winner, your parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return an Affidavit Of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (as described in full detail in section 6 below).
- Winner Selection: Three (3) entrants per Event will be randomly selected as winners of the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize will vary based on the number of entries per Event received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prizes: Each prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to see Tegan and Sara perform live at an Event as well as access to a listening party hosted by Tegan and Sara where winners will hear selections from their forthcoming album.. [Approximate Retail Value: $158]. The Events are as follows: October 1, 2012 in Fresno, CA; October 2, 2012 in Santa Barbara, CA; October 4, 2012 in San Diego, CA; October 5, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA; October 6, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA; October 8, 2012 in Anaheim, CA; October 9, 2012 in Phoenix, AZ; and October 10 in Las Cruces, NM. Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein (such as travelling expenses to attend the Event) are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. The prize is not transferable. No prize substitutions or transfers allowed, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize will be awarded. In the unlikely event that any portion of the prize is cancelled or undeliverable for any reason, the winner agrees that Sponsor has no further obligations to the winner.
All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Sweepstakes should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning play has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its verification process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is a defective entry, is void and will not be honored. Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or any web site related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. The Sweepstakes entrant is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, national, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by the users of the Website or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission to the Website email account or any website related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE TEGAN AND SARA WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
- Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
- Winners’ Names: For the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by September 21, 2012 and received by September 28, 2012 to: The Sonos Presents “Get Closer to Tegan & Sara” Sweepstakes, Warner Bros. Records Inc., Winner’s Name Request, 3300 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505, Attn: Ramsey Kouri.
Sponsored by: Warner Bros. Records, 3300 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505